A Tough Call
Elementary: Grades 3–4
- The White Sox were once called the Black Sox for two reasons. Explain.
- Who was Charles Comiskey? Why did he have the reputation of being a “cheapskate”?
- Who was Joe Jackson? What was his nickname? Why was he given that nickname?
- What tough choice is Danny faced with?
- Why do you think the jury delivered a not guilty verdict? Do you think being banned from baseball was a fair punishment? Why?
- Why is it important to save history in scrapbooks like Danny's? If you were to create a scrapbook of your life history, what would be in it?
- What decision do you think Terence made? Why?
- What lessons are in the story? How do you decide what the right thing to do is?